In terms of prospects, it should be noted:
- the project to build the CODEPA headquarters in Ouagadougou and its partnership with the African Union Commission under the Specialized Technical Committees.
- the study on the social protection of artisans in partnership with the African Union (AU) and the specialized agencies (CIPRES, ILO) and the regional economic communities adopted in Lomé by the 1ère Conference of Ministers of African States of West and running;
- establishment within the AU of a unit in charge of handicrafts;
In terms of achievements:
- Existence of a policy document in support of African crafts. The PAPEA (Support Program for Small Enterprises and Crafts) comprising four (04) structuring projects which are:
1) Support for the creation of companies as a means of socio-economic integration of young people whose general objective is to provide young graduates and apprentices with training and mutual support;
2) access to financing, the overall objective of which is to facilitate the access of small businesses and craftsmen to adequate financing;
3) the creation of resource and design centers for arts and crafts: Modernization invocation and quality;
4) the promotion and valorisation of African handicraft products through a virtual gallery backed up by a network of resource centers.
the 8ème was held in Abidjan in Republic of Cote d'Ivoire from 08 to 10 June 2016. The 9e will be held from 21 to 23 June 2017 in Bulawayo in Republic of Zimbabwe
- Realization in progress of the Project Virtual Gallery of African Crafts (GVAA) to promote the Electronic Commerce of handicrafts products.